Skip to main content

the girlfriend experience...

The Girlfriend Experience is an anthology drama TV series that airs on a premium cable.  I started the first season that I followed its second one.  It's an intriguing service provided for wealthy men and women whose desired relations are according to their dictates.  The second season was with a twist, I just do not like the fact that it was cut into two stories season.  It's chilly fascinating!  So I wonder, what is that feeling or experience?  Hmmm that would have been 5th in my job list when I was a kid!  What??? LOL!



Cut!  (The photo is from http://blackfilm.com posted by Wilson Morales.)

http://amzn.to/2DhMlNa
My favorite Mama had her share of that GFE years before.  Chill! okay--- when I said she had the GFE did not mean that GFE thing TV series ok?  but just plain that feeling of a "girlfriend experience".  But it was cut short when Prince Charming had to transfer somewhere else.  Mama and Prince Charming was a regular for sometime when we noticed that Mama started wearing makeup and the reddest of the lipstick there is. She would wear her jewelries and all the bling she can carry. It was refreshing to see how she started coming in for treatment in a nice dress without her bowl of salad.

It went on for a year.  Prince Charming will be in the lobby waiting for his treatment time and here I am on to that door wheeling out my Mama to the lobby after finishing her treatment and the two always had their casual "Ola".  The lobby was their rendezvous.  But it was short.  Prince Charming was gone one day.  I do not know if Mama knew about it but she noticed it. And my Mama was back to herself again.  No glow. No magic.  I hope she is okay, she has been in the hospital before I took off two weeks ago and she is not back yet.

I am numb. I may not know the feeling but I am numb.  Just like the GFE TV series---  rejecting every preconception of how women are supposed to feel and behave.

We have several GFE in the past year.  It was even an eye sore lording over my station watching down or over lovers' memory lane...

G.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

nothing is more...

Nothing is more.... needless to say, it is. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. So try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. Maya Angelou G

Dialysis: damned if you do. dead if you don't!!!

  Pat is screaming “cramps! cramps! cramps!” Then the machine just went ballistic and gaga with all its might --- beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep… it didn’t stop until I got my butt off my freakin’ throne in the station. I tried to troubleshoot the machine at the same time alleviating pat’s pain. Muscle cramps are a common complication of hemodialysis treatments.   Patients may have it in their hands, calf, legs, toes but the worst is in the stomach.   It’s hard to help patient when they have stomach cramps as you cannot relieved it by shaking or massaging their tummies, funny. The machine didn’t stop beeping and the patient continued complaining. The machine is complaining now--- its chambers are clotting! Arghhhhh. When Pat moved her arm moved and so the fistula rolled. Restarted her treatment with new lines and stuck her again with new needles. I know that’s double jeopardy huh but we have to do what we needed to survive. Cr

I won't remember you....

I won’t remember you.  I never remember anything that hurts me.   Harsh huh!     Acknowledging the pain and feeling it is one way but the easiest way there is when you have pain is to suck it up and forget about it.   I did that.   Done that.   I learned to be cynical and stoical.   I never remember anything that hurts me.   When my father died, I only cried the day he was laid to rest.   I cried hard in 2013 when I left my mother in a hospital bed without all her senses and memories…and the day she died.   Crying helps.   Instead of avoiding our feelings, we can simply feel them and forget about it.   However, when events and circumstances overwhelm one to the point where they are an emotional wreck --- there’s always a medicine for it!   So, Mrs. M got her dose.   She passed away.   It was sad.   She was a happy soul.   Someone just hurt me.   I won’t remember you.   I never remember anything that hurts me . G.